Effective Date: 8/19/2021
Personal Information We Collect
Depending on how you use our services, we may collect the following categories of information from you:
- Identity data – This is information that helps us identify you, such as your name and email address.
- Transaction data – This is information about your transactions with us, such information about the music you download from the website.
- Technical data – This is information about the device you use to access website, such as your device’s IP address, browser type, operating system and platform.
- Usage data – This is information about how you use the website, including the pages you visit and the last time you logged in.
Generally, we collect your personal information directly from you, such as when you contact us or sign up for a newsletter. We may also collect your personal information automatically through the use of tracking technologies and from third parties, such as social media and marketing companies.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Respond to your requests and questions;
- Market to you, including via email;
- Improve our services and technology;
- Protect the website, the content available on the website, and the rights we have over that content; and
We may also aggregate or de-identify your personal information so that we can understand how our website traffic and the demographics of our users.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties in certain circumstances, including the following:
- With service providers – We may share your information with vendors and contractors who need the information in order to perform services for us. These services may include operational and technical support, marketing, and data analytics. Generally, we take steps to require that our service providers use your personal information solely for the purposes of performing services for us and maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of such information.
- As requested by you or with your consent – To the extent you affirmatively request or consent to our sharing of your information with third parties, we will do so based on your request or consent.
- In a business transition – In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may disclose your personal information to the party or parties of such transaction.
- To protect our rights – We reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your personal information may protect the rights, property, or safety of Levicaan Songs LLC, or another person.
- As required by law or in response to a legal process – We may disclose information about you to law enforcement or in response to a legal process if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, including for national security or law enforcement requirements. This also includes sharing your information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
In addition, we may share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties for marketing, advertising, and/or other lawful purposes.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are strictly necessary in order for you to use the services, load and view content, and access your account.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies help us remember you and personalize features and content for you on the services.
- Preference cookies – These cookies allow us to capture and store your information privacy related preferences (e.g., your opt-in and opt-out), account settings, and certain login information.
- Advertising cookies – These cookies will display advertising on our website and on third party websites. Some of these advertisements may be interest-based, meaning that they are tailored to your interests or behaviors on our website or on other websites.
To learn more about cookies and similar technologies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies. If you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You may also choose to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool.
Some web browsers incorporate a Do Not Track or DNT feature that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your activity tracked. Presently, many websites and mobile apps, including our website, do not respond to DNT signals because such signals are not yet uniform. As a result, we and third parties may track your online activities, including over time and across different sites and apps.
We retain personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, and/or reporting requirements, or as required or permitted by applicable law.
We implement reasonable security measures and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the personal information we collect. However, no transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We recommend that you use caution when sharing your personal information with us electronically, especially if such information is sensitive or confidential.
Your Rights and Choices
- Opting out of marketing communications – To stop receiving marketing emails from us, please click the “unsubscribe” link included in such an email you already received from us, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Notice to International Users
Notice to Users in the EEA and UK
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom (UK), we collect and process your personal information on the following legal bases:
- With your consent – We may rely on your consent when, for example, when we need to collect it for marketing purposes. If our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent for such processing at any time.
- On the basis of our legitimate business interests – Our legitimate business interests may include:
- Improving our services and technology;
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing fraud and other illegal activities;
- Protecting the integrity and safety of our technology and services;
- Protecting our legal rights and those of others;
- Pursuing or defending legal claims or for other use in legal proceedings.
- On the basis of a legal obligation – We may process your personal information because we have a legal obligation to do so, such as to retain records and respond to lawful governmental requests.
If the personal information we collect about you is regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation, you may email us [email protected] to request that we:
- Provide you with access to your personal information.
- Correct inaccurate personal information we maintain about you.
- Delete your personal information.
- Transfer information to a third party.
- Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Stop processing your personal information, including when you withdraw your consent (if we have used your personal information based on your consent).
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection authority. Contact information for EEA data protection authorities can be found on the European Data Protection Board website. Contact information for the UK data protection authority can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Note that Levicaan Songs LLC is the data controller of your personal information processed through the website.
Notice to California Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents may request information about how we’ve shared your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and you wish to request this information, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
Our online services are not intended for or directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, anyone under 16 years of age. Please do not use the website if you are under 16 years old.
Third Party Websites
Our website and related services may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. If you visit a third party website, that third party’s privacy policies and other terms will apply to the personal information that third party collects.